I’ve been engaged in the field of linguistics for the past 20 years, first as an undergraduate in my home state of New Jersey, and now as a consultant with First Nations communities in my adopted home province of BC. It continues to be a joy and a challenge to use my skills and abilities in service of language revitalization.
I am also challenged and fulfilled more than I thought possible in raising my two boys, Otis and Wyatt, in lovely Victoria BC.
When I am not being dad or being a linguist, I spend time in my Shiatsu therapy practice, working on the house or the garden, or hunting and fishing with my in-laws. If I’m really lucky, I sometimes find time to read a book that has nothing to do with work.
3016 Quadra St
Victoria, BC V8T 4G3
- Field Linguistics; Syntax; Morphology; Documentation; Revitalization
- In order of familiarity: Halq’eméylem, Hul’q’umi’num’, Xai’xais, Sḵwx̱wú7mesh, Gitksan, Kwak’wala, Sguuxs
- Kitasoo Xai’xais Band, fall 2018-ongoing
- Klemtu Community School, Jan. 2019-ongoing
- Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Education Department, 2015-2017
- PhD, Linguistics, UBC 2012
- BA, Philosophy and Linguistics, Rutgers University, 2003